Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
It feels like more than the luck of the Irish that a Just Jane 1813 reader shared this wonderful idea with me for this great Fanfiction.net meets Kindle reading post.
As most JAFF readers know, due to the theft of several online stories, Fanfiction.net has made it nearly impossible to highlight stories in an effort to copy and paste them into Word documents so that readers can send them to their e-readers.
So when a Just Jane 1813 reader encouraged me to share this tech tip, I worked to create this awesome post about a very simple way to send stories from Fanfiction.net straight to your Kindle in a hassle-free manner, I felt I had found my own pot of gold for myself and my readers!
Today, I will walk you through the steps for this process so that you can immediately begin to enjoy all of the stories that you want from Fanfiction.net on your Kindle.
- Go to this Amazon page where you can manage your settings and add firstname.lastname@example.org to your list of approved email addresses. This will allow your Kindle to accept stories from Fanfiction.net. See the image below:
2. Go to FanFiction.net and find a story that you want to have sent to your Kindle. I chose a new story by QuietDaisy titled “Your Pain-My Heart.” Next, highlight the web address of the story, right-click and copy the link.See the image below:
3. Go to FanfictionDownloader.net and you be on their homepage, as shown below in step 1. You do not need to download any software for the process that I will show you today. Click on the tab that says “Webbased version for Kindle,” as shown below in step 2.
4. In the space that says link, as noted in step 1, paste the link of the story from Fanfiction.net.
Next, type in your Kindle address where you send all of your items to read on your Kindle, as shown in step 2. Your Kindle address is the email address that has @kindle.com at the end of it in the email address.
Last, click the blue Download story button and your story will be on its way. See the image below:
5. Go to your Kindle and your story should appear with a couple of minutes.
Viola! You are now on your way to enjoying lots of wonderful stories on your Kindle straight from Fanfiction.net.
Did you think I’d leave you without a list of JAFF stories to get you started on Fanfiction.net? Below is a list of some stories I’ve enjoyed and/or I’ve read great reviews for from my reading friends.
- “Kidnapped,”by Babsy1221/ First Lizzy had learned of Mr. Darcy’s hand in breaking Jane’s heart, and then he had offered the most insulting marriage proposal in history. Could a day get worse? Only if she were to be threatened at sword-point, tied up, and whisked away by a rogue, with only the world’s most arrogant man to watch over her. Luckily, that wasn’t very likely to happen.
- “Thaw,” by boogima/After an unfortunate mishap has forced Elizabeth Bennet to marry a certain haughty gentleman from Derbyshire, she writes letters to her sister Jane, trying to come to terms with her new role as a wife and the Mistress of Pemberley.
- “A Rush of Blackbirds,” by 4giveMejane/Not being able to breath the air at Longbourn after Mr. Collins’ longwinded and insincere proposal, Elizabeth heads for the woods where she runs into an injured Mr. Darcy.
Do you have any questions, suggestions or feedback about this post? Please share your comments and questions below, as I LOVE to hear from my readers and learn about your experiences with these tech tools for readers.
Please accept my best wishes for a wonderful St. Patrick’s Day and if your idea of being lucky is finding a great new way to enjoy JAFF, I hope this post added to your lucky reading journey!